You can easily get lured into affiliate marketing on the back of the promise to earn easy money for hardly any work.
I took the bate and was soon given a reality check. Affiliate marketing does work, but to make money doing it, you need to treat it like a business.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
For those who don’t already know, an affiliate marketer promotes a company’s product and receive a commission if such promotion results in a sale.
Starting out, the key is not to lose focus or get swallowed up the mammoth amount of opportunities that are out there.
Find like-minded individuals. You need the encouragement, motivation and accountability that comes by being surrounded by people trying to achieve the same thing. So many people underestimate the importance of having the right mindset.
This article will give you a high level overview of affiliate marketing. I recommend that you sign up for Chuck’s 100% free course where you are taught how to create a 6-figure online business. Also, he will cover the below in greater detail.
Where To Start
1. Selecting A Niche
There is really no point selecting random products to promote.
Stay focused on one area.
You need to select a niche.
The top niches are health, wealth, fitness and relationships. These niches can also be broken down into sub niches.
Take selecting your niche seriously as it will determine your financial future online.
Once you have selected a niche, then you need to find products to promote.
2. Select Products To Promote
There are multiple places to go to find products to promote.
Here are some of the places I go:
- Warrior Plus
- Max Bounty
Each one of these places provide detail on how well the particular product is selling.
A key thing to think about is the actual sales funnel. Find products which have upsells.
This allows you to make a commission on the sale of the product and any other products the vendor attempts to sell to the purchaser along the sales funnel.
Typically, the best way to make money as an affiliate is to promote:
- one really good high ticket product
- one evergreen product (subscription based commission)
- a product with a good sales funnel where there is multiple opportunities to earn a commission.
The money is in the list.
As an affiliate, it is fundamental that you grow your email list.
Each offer you are promoting should first lead the potential customer to a squeeze page.
Once you get a person on your email list, do not just spam them with various offers. Try to nurture them. Send them useful content.
Having a nurtured email list is your golden ticket to building a passive income stream.
Check out Chuck’s course here to find out how to do this.
There is really no point of finding this great product to promote if no one is going to see it.
You are going to need traffic. There are free and paid traffic methods you can use to drive people to your offer.
The free traffic strategy works best in the long run. With paid traffic you can scale your business fast. Blog, Youtube and email and forum (which bring value to your leads).
1. Free Traffic Methods
Here are just some of my favourite free methods
- YouTube – probably my favourite free traffic method. It is free to set up a channel. You need to create content and then direct viewers to your offer.
- Facebook – it seems to be all the rage to set up a Facebook group. Facebook groups work great because you can easily create a supportive community where you can provide advice and market the products you are promoting
- Forums – there are forums full of people asking questions about how to do certain tasks. In response to their questions, you can advise them of a product that will help solve their problems. One of the best place to go for affiliate marketers is Warriorforum.
- Blog articles – you can set up your own website or there are countless of places including Medium.com where you can submit articles. Similar to Youtube – create content and direct readers to your offer.
2. Paid Methods
There are so many paid traffic methods. Here are just a few. Most are self explanatory.
- YouTube Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Solo Ads – there are people with huge email list. You simply pay them a few to circulate your offer to their list. I go to places like Udimi to find vendors.
- Paid Traffic – there are companies that buy traffic. For a fee, they can direct their traffic to your offer.
- Bing Ads – this traffic method is slept on. Check out this really cool course which shows you how to run Bing Ads.
- and more
Affiliate Marketers Toolkit
Although there are many feel tools out there, you are going to need some seed money to invest in fundamental tools to get set up the right way. Start off with the ‘essential tools’ section, then upgrade and add the tools listed in ‘nice to have’ once you start making money.
- Autorespender – you need an email marketing tool. check out the section on lead generation to find out why. I use GetResponse.
- YouTube channel – probably the best way to generate free traffic to your offer.
- Website – a long term asset and another free traffic method for your offer. If you don’t want to create a website, you can use free blogging sites like Medium.com
- Social Media Accounts – great way to contact leads directly, network with liked minded individuals and create backlinks for the content you create on YouTube and your website
- Tracking tool – when you are promoting an offer you may use both paid and free methods to generate leads. You need to keep on top of which traffic method is giving you the best results and which one may be worth turning off. To do this, you need to track your results. I use ClickMagick for this.
- Create Lead Capture pages – you need a tool to create squeeze pages. There are many alternatives for this. Clickfunnels is probably the best known one. Click here to find out how to create a squeeze page using GetResponse.
I recommend that you sign up for Chuck’s 100% free course where you are taught how to create a 6-figure online business. Also, he will cover the above in greater detail.